Years ago, a small tribe of people split off from the Fremennik in Rellekka
and decided to inhabit the mountains to the east of town. There they lived as nomads for many years, but now the chieftain
of the camp has lost his daughter and will not move on before she has been found.
Has she run away, has she been eaten
by trolls, or is there something more sinister going on? Only you can find out.
Fremennik Trials Quest, Level 40 Woodcutting,
level 40 Crafting, level 25 Fletching, Must be able to defeat a level 70 enemy
Rope, Plank, Spade, Axe (hatchet), Gloves (any kind except Mystic; vambraces not allowed), Pickaxe, Enchanted lyre for transport
to Rellekka, Camelot Teleport runes (5 Airs and 1 Law)
2 Quest Points, 1k
attack Xp, 2k Prayer Xp, Bear Helmet
Mountain Camp east of Rellekka
- Go northeast of the Swaying Tree (where the Bunnies and Doogle leaves are, which is east of Rellekka,
follow the path east after leaving the city.) Walk up the slope and try to talk to the Guard. He will tell you to leave. Now
go to the left of the slope and walk up till you come to a rock on the side of a short cliff. Use your rope on this rock to
climb down into the cavern below.
- Follow the path east into the Mountain Camp and speak to Hamal and Chieftain. He tells you his daughter
is missing. Offer to find her. Leave and head south to a mud pool. Dig up some mud. Now, go to the fenced area north of the
Chieftain's tent. There is a pole spawn just north of the goat herd's tent. Pick up a pole.
- Head north from the goat farm and up a cliff to the Shiny Pool. Follow the path southwest until
you reach Ragnar. Talk with him and he will tell you about Asleif, the Chieftain's daughter. After talking with him, use the
mud at the base of the nearby Tall Tree and climb it to a small island.
- Use your pole on the middle rock to get across to the second island, then use the plank on the flat
rocks to get to the third island. Now listen to the Shiny Pool. It will tell you that it is the voice of Asleif and give you
two new assignments: A) Improve relations between Rellekka and the mountain camp, and B) Find a new source of food.
- Go speak to the Hamal and Chieftain about both of these things. He will mention that Svidi,
the representative they sent to Rellekka, has gone missing. Offer to go look for him. (When you leave the camp heading for
Rellekka, the guard will now allow you climb over the rock slide.)
- Head towards Rellekka now and talk to Brundt and chieftain. He will claim not to have seen any mountain
settlers in years.
- Go to back to the Swaying Tree (with Bunnies and Doogle leaves) located east of Rellekka. From there,
head north to find Svidi wandering around near the Black unicorns. He says that he is afraid to enter Rellekka without a promise
of safety guaranteed.
- Go talk with Brundt and Chieftain of Rekkella, again. Before he agrees to a safe passage he
wants the stone back that the Mountain settlers took on their departure from the Fremennik. If you didn't bring your own pickaxe,
go north of Rellekka (north of the Helmet shop, on the beach bluff near the Hobgoblins and Rock crabs) and pick up an Iron
pickaxe, then head back to the Mountain Camp.
- Walk over to the mud pool (or the goat pen) and pick up any rock on the ground. Now walk inside
the big tent on the south side of the camp; it has a guard outside. Use your Iron pickaxe on the rock to get Half a rock.
Walk out of the tent and the guard will notice the rock, you will automatically show him the smaller rock you picked up and
he will let you go by.
- Go talk with the Jokul, the goat herder, in his tent north of Hamal and Chiaftain. He will tell
you about the White Pearl fruit that grows on mountains.
- Take the Half a rock to the Rellekka Chieftain and he will give you a note of safe passage. Take
the note to Svidi and he will thank you.
- Put on a pair of gloves (any kind except Mystic; vambraces are not allowed) and go to Wolf Mountain,
located between Catherby and Taverley (not to be confused with Ice mountain). Pick a White Pearl fruit from the thorny bush
by the Gnome glider. (If wearing Mystic gloves or vambraces, you will take 4 damage and get no fruit!) Eat the fruit and take
the seed to the Mountain Chieftain.
- Go speak to Asleif at the pool again and she will tell you to convince her dad that she is dead.
She explains that she was killed by a creature whilst sitting at the lake.
- Go speak to Hamal and Chieftain and you will simply tell him that his daughter is dead. He
doesn't believe it and wants proof. Return north to the Shiny Pool and walk all the way around it (clockwise) to the end of
the path. Use your Axe (hatchet) on the dead trees and enter the cave. (If you encounter problems getting through here, try
standing directly west of the Dead tree blocking the open path beyond. Facing any other direction and cutting the tree puts
you in the wrong place.)
- Follow the cave till you come to a monstrous bear-like creature, The Kendal (level 70). Tell him
you are no one special, ask him if he means a sacrifice, then tell him he looks like a man in a bear suit. His story will
be told during this dialog. Now you must fight him. He is pretty easy and once you kill him you will take his bear helmet
as a trophy.
- Now collect the "Corpse of woman" and take it to Hamal and Chieftain. He will ask you to bury her
on the island where her voice is heard, along with one of her possessions and 5 rocks, which you will build to make a type
- Collect 5 rocks from the goat pen and then go talk to Ragnar by the Shiny Pool. He will give you
Asleif's necklace. Now go to the middle island and bury her, then use the rocks on her burial mound.
Congratulations, you have completed the quest!