It seems at last Arianwyn has need of your skills. He believes
there is more to the Mourners than meets the eye and he wishes for you to find out just what they're up to. Can you gain the
trust of the Mourners?
Talk to Eluned
Level 60 Ranged
Level 50 Thieving
Must have completed Roving Elves
Must have completed Sheep
Must have completed Big Chompy Bird Hunting
Bucket of water, 1 Fur (Bear Fur), 2 Silk, 2 Toad crunchies (Waiter in gnome stronghold),
Feathers (2-3), 1 Soft leather, 1 Magic log, 10-15 Coal, Food, Antiposion, Restore potions, Ardounge teleport runes or Game
- Speak to Eluned, who can be found where Islwyn is marked on the map above. You may have to wait
up to 5 minutes for her to appear. She will tell you that Arianwyn wants a meeting with you in Letya. She offers to take you
there so say yes. Your screen will go black and you will appear at Letya.
- She will give you a small crystal, "Teleport crystal (4)". This can be used to teleport to Letya,
You can recharge it. You take it to Eluned with 750 gp. She will recharge it but it will only have 3 charges instead of 4.
- Talk to Arianwyn and he will tell you that he has noticed a lot of "Mourners" crossing mountian
passes through Arandar. He says that the "Mourners" are infact elves from the city. He asks "Why are they heading to Ardougne
in such numbers?". He thinks that they are up to something new, something that they could not have anticipated. Your "mission"
is to infiltrate the "Mourners" and find out what they are doing. I
If you wear something other than the Mourner clothes,
the guard at the door will not let you in. So for example if you are wearing an ammy or wielding a shield and/or a weapon
he wont let you in. Simply unequip whatever is not Mourner clothing and you do not have to bank it, then he will let you in.
- Head to the mountain region (Arandar) with the dire wolves and red spiders and kill a mourner. His
attack will take you down to 20 hit points and reduce your attack, stength, defence, prayer, magic and ranged to about 20.
He should still be easy to defeat. Drink your restore potion to top up your stats.
- Now that you have his clothes, you need to clean and repair them. To begin cleaning the top, talk
to Tegid in Taverly to learn about removing blood stains. Get some soap in the basket next to him and a bucket of water to
scrub them. Use the soap on the top and it will be cleaned.
- Now you must repair the trousers. You need to take them to Oronwen in the elf camp and he will repair
them for 1 fur and 2 silk.
Once you have everything repaired and washed it will look like this:
- Next, go to west ardougne, through the doors, then over to the northeast corner. You will see a
house with many yellow dots in it. Be sure to wear the mourner outfit, then enter. Also if you re-equip whatever you unequiped
while you are down near the Mourner Leader, the level 108 Mourners will attack you. You do not need to worry about the weaker
Mourners on the upper level because they won't attack you.
- Once inside, head down the trapdoor and speak to the Mourner leader.
- After speaking with him, go to the room with the real head mourner ans speak with him. He will ask
for your reccomendation letter. Show him and answer yes, yes, then no to his questions. He will talk until the end and give
you a key and a broken device. He will then ask you to "break" the gnome and re-dye the sheep.
Sheep 1 - Red.
2 - Green.
Sheep 3 - Blue.
Sheep 4 - Yellow
- Now go to the room next door and speak to the gnome. He will reveal that he loves toad crunchies.
Go to gnome stronghold and buy/make some if you don't have them already.
- Use a feather on him then use it on him again (it will show that you used the crunchies and feather
the second time), then he says he needs a magic log and a soft leather. Note: Make sure you don't use the crunchies on the
Gnome on a Rack before the feather, he will eat the crunchies and you'll have to go get more.
- Give him the leather and the magic log and he will give you a bazooka. Now for the ammo you will
need blue, yellow, red, and green dye. You can buy dye from the Clothing Store in Letya (teleport with crystal) or the witch
in Draynor Village.
- Next go down to the chompys area with your ogre bellows. Now use one of your dyes with the bellows,
then use the bellows with a toad. When firing the toads, equip the bazooka, and go to where you choose style of fighting,
here you will get an option, Aim and fire, click this and you get a target. Repeat the process for three more toads then load
your bazooka. Go to ardougne, go the the "plagued" sheep, and then use your bazooka to aim and fire at the sheep. Change your
attack style to aim and fire while wielding it to fire at the sheep. Make sure the ammo in your bazooka is the same color
as the sheep you are firing at (examine the sheep).
NOTE: If you dont have orgre bellows, you can get more from this chest:
- Now you have finished doing what the Head Mourner wants you to do, go and talk to him and he will
tell you that nobody has got the plague in a while. He now wants you to find out:
1. Who made the posion
3. Learn how to make the posion
4. Produce enough to posion alot of people
5. Contaminate the food stores
- Now go and talk to Elena, you will tell her that you need to make a posion based on rotton apples.
After a long talk she will ask you to bring her a rotton apple.
- Go to this location near Tree Gnome Stronghold or next to the Morners hut, and take one rotten apple,
then bring it back to Elena so she can do tests on it.
- Elena will tell you that you need to mash up alot of apples and then you need to disslove the toxin
into a liquid with a very low evaporation point, some form of solvent (tar).
- To make the toxin, start by getting a Barrel of mushed apples. Go back to the apple place, pick
up a barrel, then use it on the pile of rotten apples. Next use the Barrel of rotten apples on the Apple Barrel next to you
to mush them.
Next, get a Barrel of tar (tar place at the bottom of Tirannwn)
Distill the Tar into "Naptha" (Rimmington
To distill the tar:
1. Put the tar in the distiller.
2. Open up the distiller menu and add in 2 coal.
Turn the right valve up to let pressure in and to make the amount distilled go up.
4. When the pressure gets in the red
zone turn the left valve up and the right valve down.
5. When the pressure and heat goes all the way down repeat stages
2-4 until all of it is distilled.
6. Use your barrel on the distiller.
- Next, use both Barrels with each other, then use the sieve with the "Naptha Apples Mix" before finally
using it on a RANGE. Note: If you use it on a fire, it will explode, possibly hitting more than 50 damage on you!
- Once you have the mix, take it and use it on the grain bags by the general store and in the distribution
plant in the center of west ardougne.
- Finally, talk to the Head mourner to complete the quest.