- ladder, take the southwest tunnel until you come to a ladder, go up. You will know it is the correct one if there are
level 54 ice giants there. There should be 2 ladders besides the one you came up, take the eastern ladder down. Go north along
the tunnel, it is very long and has level 61 Ice spiders in it that do not appear on your mini map. This tunnel makes a loop,
and dead ends at a ladder. Go up, then go down the only other ladder. Continue until the tunnel opens into a large room with
a lot of level 53 Ice warriors and the Ice Queen. Be warned, this is a multi-combat area, so you will be attacked by multiple
- She is level 111 and may be aggressive, depending on your level. Kill her and she will drop the
Ice Gloves. (Note: You might want to use a teleport spell to get out once you get the gloves.) If you do not have teleport
runes, go back through the long tunnel to the ladder that leads to the Ice Giants. Use the northern ladder here to go back
into the caves. Follow this area north until you come to a ladder, go up, and you will be out of the caves, past the ice warriors
and rock slide. Go to the bank and put all armour and weapons into the bank but keep the Ice Gloves as you will need these.
- Go to Port Sarim and catch a boat to Entrana (talk to a Monk of Entrana). It (the Firebird) is running
around on the northeastern part of the island. This is on the north side of the bridge. It is very low level, so you should
have no problem with it if you can beat the Ice Queen. Kill it and will drop the Firebird's feather. Make sure you are wearing
the Ice gloves; without them you won't be able to pick the feather up!
You will need the
help of a friend. If you're in the Phoenix gang then you will need the help of a friend in Black Arm gang; if you're in the
Black Arm gang you will need the help of a friend in the Phoenix gang.
- Go to Varrock and speak to Katrine about the Master Thieves Armband. She will tell you that the
gang password is "four leaf clover."
- She will tell you that you have to steal ScarFace Pete's Candlesticks. ScarFace Pete lives in Brimhaven
on Karamja. You will need to get the ID paper first.
- Go to Palm Street in Brimhaven and there is a gang office. Talk to someone there and he will give
you the ID paper, which you need to get into ScarFace Pete's mansion.
- Before going to ScarFace Pete's Mansion, you need to get a Black Large helmet, Black Plate Mail
Chest (male) and Black Plate Legs and wear them when you get to the Mansion (you can buy the helmet and legs at the Champion's
Guild, and the plate mail at the Varrock Armor Shop).
- When you try to enter ScarFace Pete's Mansion you will be stopped by Garv. You must show him the
ID paper and then he will let you in.
- Go talk to Grip inside and ask him if there is anything you can do around there. He will give you
a "miscellaneous key." Exit the building and give this key to your Phoenix friend who is helping you with this quest. Now
wait until your Phoenix gang conspirator is in place. Then go into the bedroom west of the main entrance and Search the cupboard;
this will lure the Grip into the room where the Phoenix member can range him (Grip is level 26). Once he dies, Grip will drop
- Grab the keys and go to the Treasure room, where you will find the Candlesticks. Give one Candlestick
to your Phoenix friend. The only way to get out is the door you came in; your Phoenix friend should meet you there.
- Go back to Varrock and talk to Katrine again. She will give you the Master Thieves Armband.
- Go to Varrock and speak to Stravan about the Master Thieves Armband (Stravan is the doorkeeper in
the basement of the Phoenix Gang hideout). He tells you to steal Cheat Program Face Pete's Candlesticks and tells you that
the Phoenix gang has associates in Brimhaven on Karamja. Their names are Charlie the Cook and Alfonse the Waiter in the pub
called the Shrimp and Parrot. Stravan also gives you a secret password; the password is "Gherkin."
- Make sure first that you have the key from your Black Arm Gang Friend. This is the miscellaneous
- You will need a bow and arrows before going to the Shrimp and Parrot pub. When you are at the Shrimp
and Parrot pub, talk to Alfonse the Waiter and then go into the kitchen and talk to Charlie the Cook. Don't forget to give
- Charlie the Cook will tell you about a secret panel (it is at the west end of the kitchen). You
must go through this panel to where there are some Guard Dogs; these are level 44 and are quite aggressive. Get past these
and into the mansion (the door on the west side of the yard). Once inside, use the Miscellaneous key (from your Black Arm
Gang friend) on the door to the north. This puts you in a closet with a window into into the room with the cupboard. Arm the
Bow, shoot through the holes at Grip( level 26) and kill him. He will drop the keys for your Black Arm gang friend.
- Your Black Arm gang friend will get the Candlesticks and trade you one of them. Go back to Varrock
and talk to StravAn and he will give you the Master Thieves Armband.
- NOTE: You cannot take a candlestick from someone else. Katrine will know you didn't
do the quest properly and will not give you the band.
- Go to Port Sarim and talk to Gerrant in the Fishing Shop and ask him about catching Lava eels. He
will tell you how to make an Oily Rod. He will give you a bottle of Blamish Snail Slime. You will need a vial filled with
water, and a Harralander herb. For the vial and herb look in the Herblore guide.
- Once you have those three things use the Harralander herb with the Vial of water, then use the unfinished
potion with the Blamish Snail Slime. Use the oil with a REGULAR fishing rod, NOT A FLY FISHING ROD. Now you have an Oily rod.
YOU MUST BRING 1 BAIT PER LAVA EEL THAT YOU WANT TO COOK!!
- To Find the Eel, you need to go to Members Dungeon (south of Taverley). For this part you will need
your Oily rod, an anti-dragonfire shield, a cure poison potion (look in the Herblore guide), and really good armor and a weapon,
and lots of food; don't forget some bait for fishing the Lava eel.
- Keep walking deeper and deeper, you will pass level 18 skeletons, level 22 skeletons, level 19 ghosts,
some level 31 black knights, level 42 animated axes, level 20 poison scorpions. At this point, you should be at some lava
with a bridge over it. Continue southwest to a large room, now go south and you will enter a large fortress with carpets,
long tables and a few level 31 black knights. Go through the large doors to the south, then go east into a jail area find
the Jailer (level 42) and kill him, he will drop a key. Use the key with the jail cell containing Velrak the explorer. Talk
to him and ask about places to explore. he will give you a Dusty key. Now head north until you get back to the poison scorpions.
Go across the bridge over the lava, then go north up past the level 48 chaos dwarves and the level 82 lesser demons. Get past
them and use the Dusty Key you got from the prisoner on the door to the west of them. This puts you in a room with level 43
Baby blue dragons and level 99 Blue dragons.
- Run west across the room, and down the tunnel until you come to some level 43 Baby blue dragons
next to some lava, this is where you fish for Lava eel. The fishing spots are somewhat difficult to see, but they are basically
orange spirals in the lava. Use your Oily rod to catch a few eels. Now either go back the way you came in, or teleport out
. Find a range or fire and cook the Lava Eel.
Go back to
the Hero's Guild and talk Achietties and give her the 3 items: Firebird Feather, Cooked Lava Eel and Master Thieves Armband.
Congratulations! You have finished the Hero's Quest, and can now enter the Hero's Guild!